- 1.1 [contract/passport] válidoMore example sentences1.2 [argument/inference] válido; [excuse/criticism] legítimo, válido his remarks are still valid today sus observaciones siguen siendo válidas that's a very valid point en eso tienes ( or tienen etc) razón
More example sentences
- The drivers would also be expected to have a valid driver's licence and a valid public driving permit.
- He apparently had 600 hours of flight experience and a valid pilot's license.
- To drive your car on the circuit all you have to do is show a valid driving license and you can drive 1 lap behind a safety car.
- Damascus has a valid claim to be the world's oldest inhabited city.
- British agriculture has recently been making the valid claim that its products are of the highest quality in the world.
- The only pressure, exerted by me, was to present good journalism supported by valid evidence.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Spain had three civil wars known as the guerras carlistas (1833-39, 1860, 1872-76). When Fernando VII died in 1833, he was succeeded not by his brother the Infante Don Carlos de Borbón, but by his daughter Isabel, under the regency of her mother María Cristina. This provoked a mainly northern-Spanish revolt, with local guerrillas pitted against the forces of the central government. The Carlist Wars were also a confrontation between conservative rural Catholic Spain, especially the Basque provinces and Aragón, led by the carlistas, and the progressive liberal urban middle classes allied with the army. Carlos died in 1855, but the carlistas, representing political and religious traditionalism, supported his descendants' claims until reconciliation in 1977 with King Juan Carlos.