Translation of value in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable or countable (monetary worth) to gain o increase (in) valueaumentar de valorto lose (in) value
revalorizarsedepreciarsebooks to the value of $500libros por valor de 500 dólaresinsured against loss to a value of $10,000asegurado contra pérdidas de hasta 10.000 dólareshave you anything of value in your bag?¿lleva algo de valor en el bolso?a painting of great valueun cuadro muy valioso or de gran valorhe set o put a value of $700 on the vasetasó el jarrón en 700 dólaresyou can't put a value on human lifela vida humana no tiene preciovalue for moneyuna buena relación calidad-precioall-inclusive value-for-money European tours (British English)viajes por Europa a buen precio con todo incluidothat's good value (for money)está muy bien de precioExample sentences
- Each authority will end up with separate contracts and their total value will be worth more than £100m a year.
- He could not attach monetary value to the loss caused by the strike as no calculations hade been made yet.
- Nobody chose to collect anything of great monetary value.
- 2 uncountable (worth) nutritional/educational valuevalor nutritivo/educativopublicity valuevalor publicitarioI am well aware of his value to the companytengo plena conciencia de lo valioso que es para la compañíadon't place too much value on what he saysno le des mucha importancia a lo que digathey place a very high value on loyaltyvaloran mucho la lealtadthe information may be of value to the policela información puede resultarle valiosa a la policía
- 3also: values plural(standards)valores (masculine plural)a set of (moral) valuesuna escala de valoresExample sentences
- The ultimate deterrent to all of this is a strong set of moral values, rules and standards.
- In exit polls in about 1 in 5 voters ranked moral values as the most important issue in the election.
- We expect our schools to set standards, impart values and encourage responsible behaviour.
- 4 countable (Linguistics, Mathematics, Music)Example sentences
- To explain how the two sides change together, Jim gave sets of specific numeric values for the lengths.
- For numerical simulations, appropriate values of the various quantities must be determined.
- One of the great goals of fundamental physics is to find the reason for the precise numerical values of the constants that appear in the equations that prescribe the laws of Nature.
- Rhythmic values are quarter, eighth and half notes, and only the major finger pattern is used in the first chorale.
- Rapidly evolving note values will present issues with keeping a steady tempo.
- Her coloratura in the Jewel Song was hit or miss - the note values often approximated.
- In either case, the reference to neat depends on its use earlier and on its value as a word.
- Do the words have a unitary value which is extended in different ways in different contexts?
- For Saussure the value of words is not intrinsic, nor a function of signification, but is a property of the system.
- 1 (Finance) to value something
atsomethingtasar ( or valorar etc) algo enalgoExample sentences
- Stakes in quoted banks, hedge funds and the like are valued at the prevailing share price at the end of June.
- That caused its shares to fall by a third, having been valued at 155p the day before the warning.
- The move is seen as a precursor to a flotation of the firm, which is valued at about £10m.
- 2 (regard highly)(freedom/privacy)
valorar(memento/gift)if you value your life
apreciarsi en algo aprecias tu vidaExample sentences
- Boys value their friends' opinions so it would do you lots of good to get along with them.
- It certainly makes you value life and how important things are.
- It is really important that we value diversity in our community.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.