- 1 (Cars)Example sentences
- A team of nine scenes-of-crime officers were dispatched in a police van with blacked-out windows to search the couple's home last night.
- The 23-year-old, who has not been named by police, was driving a sports car which hit a van on the wrong side of the road.
- A spokesperson said two robbers approached the driver of a security van that was transporting the cash, forced him to the ground and tied his hands.
- 2(British English) (Railways)
- (forefront) to be in the van (of something)estar en or a la vanguardia (de algo)Example sentences
- As always the hospitality and courtesy of Mayo people in the Sportlann was early in evidence with Sean Feeney, John Prenty and May Moran leading the van.
- Two economies have been strikingly in the van of this advance: the US and China.
- The Australian dollar was again in the van last night, rising 0.6% against a broadly weaker US dollar.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.