Translation of vane in Spanish:
noun weather vane
- 2 (shaft, blade — of propeller)(— of windmill) aspa (feminine)Example sentences
- Advanced technology means the giant vanes of the turbines swivel to search for wind but cut out in stormy conditions.
- The wind or air rising through the turbine turns the vanes in the turbine and gets the air moving near the top of the house, drawing moisture out.
- Early views of Sydney were dominated by the sails of the ships which had propelled the newcomers across the oceans and by the vanes of the windmills which provided the settlement with its first forms of industrial power.
- Shafts and vanes are present in the feathers, but no direct evidence of the shafts remains.
- The vane on one side of the feather's spine was wider than the one on the other.
- The facial disk, which lies over the ruff, is composed of feathers with open vanes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.