Translation of vanguard in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Military)Example sentences1.2 (forefront) to be in the vanguard (of something)
estar en or a la vanguardia (de algo)Example sentences
- The vanguard of the army began crossing the river in late afternoon on 6 April.
- Two hundred and four warriors formed the vanguard of the army.
- Nelson's tactics slicing the enemy line ensured the vanguard played a negligible role in the battle which followed.
- Now we are at the centre of European and international politics - negotiating EU treaties and occupying a prominent position in the vanguard of the Information Age.
- He argues that the creation of three new rail stations, the introduction of park-and-ride facilities and the opening up of greenways for buses places the city in the vanguard of 21st-century urban development.
- Even though the Bay Area was not in the vanguard of developing a distinct hip-hop style, audiences and dancers have embraced it with a vengeance.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.