Translation of vanguard in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Military/Militar] vanguardia (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (forefront) vanguardia (feminine) to be in the vanguard (of sth) estar* en or a la vanguardia (de algo)
- The vanguard of the army began crossing the river in late afternoon on 6 April.
- Two hundred and four warriors formed the vanguard of the army.
- Nelson's tactics slicing the enemy line ensured the vanguard played a negligible role in the battle which followed.
- Now we are at the centre of European and international politics - negotiating EU treaties and occupying a prominent position in the vanguard of the Information Age.
- He argues that the creation of three new rail stations, the introduction of park-and-ride facilities and the opening up of greenways for buses places the city in the vanguard of 21st-century urban development.
- Even though the Bay Area was not in the vanguard of developing a distinct hip-hop style, audiences and dancers have embraced it with a vengeance.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the