Translation of vanilla in Spanish:
- 1 [Cookery/Cocina] vainilla (feminine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [ice cream/milkshake] de vainillaExample sentences
- Just before serving, gently whip the double cream, icing sugar and vanilla until it just starts to thicken.
- Scatter over the cornflour, vinegar and vanilla and fold it gently in with a large metal spoon.
- Combine the sour cream, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Even though vanilla remains an age-old ice cream favorite, numerous other flavors have arrived on the scene.
- In my book, chocolate ice-cream beats strawberry or vanilla, any day.
- In summer I like to make ice cream, usually vanilla or chocolate cinnamon - you can win friends and influence people with homemade ice cream.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain's literary renaissance, known as the Golden Age (Siglo de Oro/i>), roughly covers the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It includes the Italian-influenced poetry of figures such as Garcilaso de la Vega; the religious verse of Fray Luis de León, Santa Teresa de Ávila and San Juan de la Cruz; picaresque novels such as the anonymous Lazarillo de Tormes and Quevedo's Buscón; Miguel de Cervantes' immortal Don Quijote; the theater of Lope de Vega, and the ornate poetry of Luis de Góngora.