Translation of variation in Spanish:
- 1.1 u and c (fluctuation, change) variación (feminine)variation
insth wide variations in temperature were recorded se registraron grandes variaciones de temperatura it can record minute variations in pressure registra hasta el más mínimo cambio en la presiónExample sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (difference) diferencias (feminine plural)variation
- Unexpectedly, a great variety of shapes is obtained by a small variation in the basic function.
- However, nothing is known about whether amplitude variations have any functional value in this species.
- The variation about the expected values for total proportion infected and other parameters of interest must also be considered.
insth regional variation in vocabulary diferencias (feminine plural) or variaciones (feminine plural) léxicas regionales there was little variation in opinion hubo pocas diferencias de opiniónExample sentences1.3 countable/numerable (permutation) variation
- The organisation says there are wide regional variations in the amount parents will pay.
- When these figures are examined at regional level there are large variations.
- These national figures also hide wide variations within countries.
onsth variación (feminine) deor sobrealgo his stories are all variations on the same theme todos sus cuentos son variaciones sobre el mismo temaExample sentences1.4 countable/numerable [Music/Música] variación (feminine)
- Although different cultures produced distinctive variations of an industrial revolution, the similarities are striking.
- For example, Pentium II was released in 18 different variations, including mobile versions.
- The French influence, most apparent in early examples such as Cologne Cathedral, gradually gave way to more distinctively local variations, as in the cathedrals of Ulm and Freiburg.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.