Translation of varsity in Spanish:
- equipo (masculine) universitario; (before noun/delante del nombre) [team] universitario; [match] interuniversitarioExample sentences
- It was only a few weeks later that he scored 169 for Cambridge in the varsity match.
- The sport has been played at the university for almost 30 years and this year, the annual varsity match against Cambridge was on Sky TV.
- The reason why Clemington had made it to the finals four years in a row would have to be based on the fact that four years ago, Chris Donovan and Devon Matthews joined the boy's varsity team.
- By the time he joined the varsity as a sophomore, he and his coach realized he should become a full-time catcher.
- With five assistant coaches and two trainers, the varsity's bench resembled an NBA team's.
- As a freshman at Birmingham High School in Los Angeles, he was a pretty good basketball player, made junior varsity, and although he didn't play much he put up good numbers when he did.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.