Translation of veer in Spanish:
dar un viraje
virar(wind)the road veers to the left
cambiar de direcciónel camino tuerce or se desvía hacia la izquierdathe ship veered aroundel barco viróthe car veered off the trackel coche viró or dio un viraje y se salió de la pistathey veered from one extreme to the otherse pasaron de un extremo al otrothe party veered even further to the leftel partido dio un nuevo viraje hacia izquierdathe conversation veered (around) to sexla conversación se desvió hacia el tema del sexoExample sentences
- The island was directly in the path of the hurricane which devastated neighbouring Grenada, but was spared at the last minute when it suddenly veered off course.
- One can veer off the main paths into gorgeous, overgrown woodland areas.
- They were unaware that the jet had suddenly and inexplicably veered off course.
- As we arrived at the river, the cold easterly gale had veered to a light westerly breeze with a touch of warmth in it, perfect for river trouting.
- The wind veers far enough to the east to take the boat along the north coast to Islas Margaritas, a pair of vertical rocky islands with a natural arch big enough to take the boat through sideways.
- At sunset, the wind freshened and veered to the north.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.