Translation of veil in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Clothing/Indumentaria] velo (masculine) bridal veil velo de novia to take the veil [Religion/Religión] tomar el hábito or el veloExample sentences1.2 (cover) velo (masculine) a veil of mist [literary/literario] un velo or un halo de bruma a veil of secrecy surrounds the affair el asunto está envuelto en el mayor secreto to draw a veil over sth correr or echar un (tupido) velo sobre algo
- The simple veil headpiece works great with elaborate bridal gowns since the veil does not detract from the overall look.
- Women wear long dresses with embroidered bodices and side panels, and tall hats with long white veils.
- Black party hats with veils made of black pantyhose or some other translucent material can also be made.
- I looked up at the beautiful, full moon, partially obscured by a thin veil of mist, and found what I was looking for.
- If successful, Stardust will become only the third spacecraft to capture such a close view of the dark heart of a comet, normally obscured by a bright veil of dust and gas.
- Tessa was driving, squinting through the veil of rain that obscured all vision not 50 yards ahead.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.