Translation of vein in Spanish:
- 1 [Anatomy/Anatomía] [Botany/Botánica] [Zoology/Zoología] vena (feminine)Example sentences
- This puts the full weight of your uterus on your back and on the major vein that carries blood between your lower body and heart.
- The veins around the anus drain into larger veins that carry the blood through the liver and up to the heart.
- Such a clot will move to the heart along the main vein of the body, the inferior vena cava.
- In the preparation, how hard was it to figure out which blood vessels, which veins, belong to which of the twins?
- The General's veins started to pulse faster, and more violently.
- The tumor that you see here is my own blood vessels, my own veins, all swollen and tangled, engorged, and mixed together that bulge out like this.
- Expression was also detected in vascular tissues, leaf veins, siliques, and in pollen sacs.
- Nutrients are transported from the roots to the leaves inside the veins in the xylem.
- Most plants have leaves with veins that fork outward from a central midrib.
- The periodical cicada has protruding red eyes and orange legs; adults have clear wings with orange veins.
- At an age of about 10 weeks we took a blood sample of 10 l from the brachial vein in the wing.
- The fore and hind wings were similar, with the R vein was bent back at the base in the fore-wings, less so in the hind wings.
- 2 2.1 (of ore, mineral) veta (feminine), filón (masculine), vena (feminine) a vein of irony/lyricism una veta irónica/de lirismo 2.2 (in marble, cheese) veta (feminine) the veins in the marble las vetas or el veteado del mármolExample sentences
- Blue cheese is a white cheese with blue veins and a sometimes crumbly interior.
- The floor was a stunning green marble with veins of vivid gold, dotted with massive pillars of white marble that supported a soaring dome ceiling.
- Irregular veins of white streaked across the forms, adding an almost eerie flare to the smooth stone.
- 3 (no plural/sin plural) (mood, style) vena (feminine) in a poetic vein en vena poética in a lighter vein, did you know … ? pasando a algo menos serio ¿sabías que … ?Example sentences
- Unfortunately I didn't watch it, so that's a rich vein of source material for this blog down the drain.
- Well, I think he tapped into a vein of discontent among the American people.
- It's been argued by aficionados that within Leonard Cohen's melancholic work is a thick vein of comedy.
- In a similar vein, transparent quality testing and other compare-with-reality tests can help keep opinions grounded.
- In a similar vein one can't help thinking most people would be better off forgetting about lifestyles and getting a life.
- The ads display black and white photos of the party's Legco candidates taken from a video portraying its members in a similar vein to the fictional presidential cabinet in the TV series.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.