- 1.1 u and c (of wood, gold) enchapado (masculine), chapa (feminine) a marble veneer un revestimiento imitación mármolMore example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (outer appearance) veneer
- Much of today's furniture is made with a thin wood veneer over a core of particleboard, and this material also will rapidly absorb water.
- Then, make your pencil lines and cut on the back of the panel to avoid splintering the veneer with your circular saw.
- With a new blade in a utility knife, score the veneer front then back, flush with the stile on all edges; and bend it to complete the cut.
ofsth capa (feminine) or barniz (masculine) dealgo a veneer of sophistication un barniz de sofisticaciónMore example sentences
- This story has taken on the image and the veneer of a fable and we are simply following the fable to its logical conclusion.
- Think about the thin veneer of civilization for a moment, and ask yourself how you would respond to chaos.
- Then the vocals kick in, stripping the veneer of respectability and reminding anyone who they are listening to.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Did you know that the primary meaning of almuerzo is lunch? It is used only in this sense in most of Latin America. In Spain and Mexico, where comida is the usual word for lunch, almuerzo can also be a mid-morning snack.