- 1(in building, tunnel) conducto (masculine) de ventilación
ventilación (feminine)(in chimney, furnace) tiro (masculine)Example sentences
- Security of air intake vents is important, especially for high-rises and large sports facilities.
- They suffocated after an air vent was closed.
- According to the mechanical code, dryer vent ducts must be made of metal.
- A metallic maze of chimneys, pipes and vents glitters on the horizon in the desert outside Khartoum, dominating the landscape for miles around.
- Have chimneys and vents inspected when installing or changing vented heating appliances.
- It had several openings for doors and windows, plus a chimney vent on each end.
- 2also: air vent(shaft) respiradero (masculine)(grille) rejilla (feminine) de ventilación
- 3(Motor Vehicles)
entrada (feminine) de aire(in barrel) válvula (feminine) de entrada de aire
- 4(in volcano) chimenea (feminine)(in earth's crust) fumarola (feminine)to give vent to something he gave vent to his fury by smashing the bottledio rienda suelta a su ira or se desahogó rompiendo la botellaExample sentences
- Columnar joints are best developed in sills and dykes, volcanic vents, and former lava lakes.
- Sliding and colliding, separating and fragmenting, great trenches are forming, and volcanoes and vents are being created.
- These new vents remained phreatomagmatic until 25 July, when the activity changed for 5 days to Strombolian and effusive.
- (feelings/rage/frustration)don't vent your anger on the children
dar rienda suelta a
dar salida ano te desahogues con los niñosExample sentences
- With Lawson at his mercy, Cal is free to vent his anger on his betrayer.
- In no small measure, the Chinese fans may have tried to vent their frustration by expressing it in anti-Japanese gestures.
- Dolly took full advantage of the outrageous disruption to vent her bad temper and to express her extreme displeasure in all directions.
- (Clothing)Example sentences
- It's made from super 120's Italian wool and features a three-button closure, side vents and pickstitched lapels.
- The style is tight-fitting with side vents and an elastic waistband, typically made out of cotton or cotton/polyester blend jersey knit.
- A camp shirt should have a clean-finished hem with side vents so it can be worn tucked out for a relaxed look or tucked in.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.