- 2also: air vent(shaft)(grille)rejilla (feminine) de ventilaciónExample sentences
- A metallic maze of chimneys, pipes and vents glitters on the horizon in the desert outside Khartoum, dominating the landscape for miles around.
- Have chimneys and vents inspected when installing or changing vented heating appliances.
- It had several openings for doors and windows, plus a chimney vent on each end.
- 3 (Cars)(in barrel)válvula (feminine) de entrada de aireExample sentences
- Security of air intake vents is important, especially for high-rises and large sports facilities.
- They suffocated after an air vent was closed.
- According to the mechanical code, dryer vent ducts must be made of metal.
- 4 (in volcano)(in earth's crust)to give vent to something he gave vent to his fury by smashing the bottledio rienda suelta a su ira or se desahogó rompiendo la botellaExample sentences
- Columnar joints are best developed in sills and dykes, volcanic vents, and former lava lakes.
- Sliding and colliding, separating and fragmenting, great trenches are forming, and volcanoes and vents are being created.
- These new vents remained phreatomagmatic until 25 July, when the activity changed for 5 days to Strombolian and effusive.
- (feelings/rage/frustration)don't vent your anger on the childrendar rienda suelta adar salida ano te desahogues con los niñosExample sentences
- With Lawson at his mercy, Cal is free to vent his anger on his betrayer.
- In no small measure, the Chinese fans may have tried to vent their frustration by expressing it in anti-Japanese gestures.
- Dolly took full advantage of the outrageous disruption to vent her bad temper and to express her extreme displeasure in all directions.
- (Clothing)Example sentences
- It's made from super 120's Italian wool and features a three-button closure, side vents and pickstitched lapels.
- The style is tight-fitting with side vents and an elastic waistband, typically made out of cotton or cotton/polyester blend jersey knit.
- A camp shirt should have a clean-finished hem with side vents so it can be worn tucked out for a relaxed look or tucked in.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.