Translation of verdict in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Law) a verdict of guilty/not guiltyveredicto de culpabilidad/inocenciato bring in o return a verdict (jury)dar or emitir un veredictoto deliver a verdict (magistrate)pronunciar sentenciathe coroner recorded an open verdict
fallarel juez consignó que no se pudo establecer la causa o causas de la muertethey failed to reach a verdictno llegaron a un acuerdo sobre el veredictoExample sentences1.2 (opinion) the verdict of the press was uniformly hostile
el juicio de la prensa fue unánimemente desfavorablethe popular verdict is that …el sentir popular es que …to give one's verdict on somebody/something
- Yesterday the jury returned unanimous guilty verdicts after nearly seven hours of deliberation over two days.
- Coroner Dr Roy Palmer recorded an accidental death verdict at the inquest on March 17.
- The California court held that peer review evidence was inadmissible and upheld a jury verdict for the defendant.
a juicio de todo el mundo …dar su ( or mi etc) opinión sobre alguien/algowell then, what's your verdict?bueno ¿qué te parece?Example sentences
- Each competitor had to sing two numbers before the judges made their verdict.
- The opinion poll will reveal the public's verdict on what level of council tax should be set for next year.
- The gathering broke up and everyone said the verdict was a foregone conclusion.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.