Translation of verdict in Spanish:
- 1 (Law) a verdict of guilty/not guiltyveredicto de culpabilidad/inocenciato bring in o return a verdict (jury)dar or emitir un veredictoto deliver a verdict (magistrate)pronunciar sentenciathe coroner recorded an open verdict
fallarel juez consignó que no se pudo establecer la causa o causas de la muertethey failed to reach a verdictno llegaron a un acuerdo sobre el veredictoExample sentences
- Yesterday the jury returned unanimous guilty verdicts after nearly seven hours of deliberation over two days.
- Coroner Dr Roy Palmer recorded an accidental death verdict at the inquest on March 17.
- The California court held that peer review evidence was inadmissible and upheld a jury verdict for the defendant.
- 2 (opinion) the verdict of the press was uniformly hostileel juicio de la prensa fue unánimemente desfavorablethe popular verdict is that …el sentir popular es que …to give one's verdict on somebody/something
a juicio de todo el mundo …dar su ( or mi etc) opinión sobre alguien/algowell then, what's your verdict?bueno ¿qué te parece?Example sentences
- Each competitor had to sing two numbers before the judges made their verdict.
- The opinion poll will reveal the public's verdict on what level of council tax should be set for next year.
- The gathering broke up and everyone said the verdict was a foregone conclusion.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.