- 1.1 [Law/Derecho] veredicto (masculine) a verdict of guilty/not guilty veredicto de culpabilidad/inocencia to bring in o return a verdict [jury] dar* or emitir un veredicto to deliver a verdict [magistrate] pronunciar sentencia, fallar the coroner recorded an open verdict el juez consignó que no se pudo establecer la causa o causas de la muerte they failed to reach a verdict no llegaron a un acuerdo sobre el veredictoMore example sentences1.2 (opinion) juicio (masculine) the verdict of the press was uniformly hostile el juicio de la prensa fue unánimemente desfavorable the popular verdict is that … el sentir popular es que …, a juicio de todo el mundo … to give one's verdict on sb/sth dar* su ( or mi etc) opinión sobre algn/algo well then, what's your verdict? bueno ¿qué te parece?
More example sentences
- Yesterday the jury returned unanimous guilty verdicts after nearly seven hours of deliberation over two days.
- Coroner Dr Roy Palmer recorded an accidental death verdict at the inquest on March 17.
- The California court held that peer review evidence was inadmissible and upheld a jury verdict for the defendant.
- Each competitor had to sing two numbers before the judges made their verdict.
- The opinion poll will reveal the public's verdict on what level of council tax should be set for next year.
- The gathering broke up and everyone said the verdict was a foregone conclusion.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Junta Autonómica is the name given to the governments of Spain's autonomous regions, with the exception of Catalonia and Valencia's Generalitat and Galicia's Xunta.