Translation of verge in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (border) (British)Example sentences1.2to be on the verge of somethingto be on the verge of chaos/ruin
estar al borde del caos/de la ruinaa species on the verge of extinctionuna especie en grave peligro de extinciónwe are on the verge of an agreementestamos a punto de llegar a un acuerdoshe was on the verge of tears
- The flat verges were littered with seaweed and plastic flotsam.
estamos a las puertas or en puertas de un acuerdoestaba al borde de las lágrimasto be on the verge of
estaba a punto de ponerse a llorar
-ingestar a punto de +they were on the verge of giving up hope infinitiveestaban ya a punto de perder la esperanza
- 2 (of road) (British)Example sentences
- In north Norfolk we are used to the dramatic appearance of a Barn Owl as it hunts the road side verges searching for small rodents.
- These days the Trace is a bitumen road, grass verges neatly manicured and mowed for mile after funereal mile.
- The dog, nicknamed John, appeared on the grass verge by the side of the road in the main street through the village.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.