Translation of verge in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (border) (British English/inglés británico) borde (masculine)Example sentences1.2to be on the verge of sth to be on the verge of chaos/ruin estar* al borde del caos/de la ruina a species on the verge of extinction una especie en grave peligro de extinción we are on the verge of an agreement estamos a punto de llegar a un acuerdo, estamos a las puertas or en puertas de un acuerdo she was on the verge of tears estaba al borde de las lágrimas, estaba a punto de ponerse a llorar to be on the verge of
- The flat verges were littered with seaweed and plastic flotsam.
-ingestar* a punto de + infinitive/infinitivothey were on the verge of giving up hope estaban ya a punto de perder la esperanza
- 2 (of road) (British English/inglés británico) arcén (masculine)Example sentences
- In north Norfolk we are used to the dramatic appearance of a Barn Owl as it hunts the road side verges searching for small rodents.
- These days the Trace is a bitumen road, grass verges neatly manicured and mowed for mile after funereal mile.
- The dog, nicknamed John, appeared on the grass verge by the side of the road in the main street through the village.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.