- 1.1 (church attendant) sacristán (m)More example sentences1.2 (in procession) (esp BrE) macero, -ra (m,f)
More example sentences
- A city centre church verger has the power to summon scores of police and dozens of security guards at the touch of a button.
- Mr Angus had joined the Minster staff in October 1980 as part of a team of vergers who help with the day-to-day running of the cathedral.
- A verger accidentally locked up without realising that Mr Poole, a former chief general manager with the Norwich Building Society, was still inside.
- I was the last verger of the Garrison Church and took part in the final service.
- Church officials gave more details yesterday about a popular verger who plunged more than 100 ft to his death from York Minster on Sunday.
- Only the old verger allows himself no rest, and still rings the service in and out.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Catalán is the language of Catalonia. Like Castilian, Catalan is a Romance language. Variants of it include mallorquín of the Balearic Islands and valenciano spoken in the autonomous region of Valencia.