Translation of verger in Spanish:
- 1.1 (church attendant)Example sentences1.2 (in procession)
(especially British English)macero, (-ra) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- A city centre church verger has the power to summon scores of police and dozens of security guards at the touch of a button.
- Mr Angus had joined the Minster staff in October 1980 as part of a team of vergers who help with the day-to-day running of the cathedral.
- A verger accidentally locked up without realising that Mr Poole, a former chief general manager with the Norwich Building Society, was still inside.
- I was the last verger of the Garrison Church and took part in the final service.
- Church officials gave more details yesterday about a popular verger who plunged more than 100 ft to his death from York Minster on Sunday.
- Only the old verger allows himself no rest, and still rings the service in and out.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.