Translation of verger in Spanish:
- 1.1 (church attendant) sacristán (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (in procession) (especially British English/especialmente inglés británico) macero, (masculine, feminine)
- A city centre church verger has the power to summon scores of police and dozens of security guards at the touch of a button.
- Mr Angus had joined the Minster staff in October 1980 as part of a team of vergers who help with the day-to-day running of the cathedral.
- A verger accidentally locked up without realising that Mr Poole, a former chief general manager with the Norwich Building Society, was still inside.
- I was the last verger of the Garrison Church and took part in the final service.
- Church officials gave more details yesterday about a popular verger who plunged more than 100 ft to his death from York Minster on Sunday.
- Only the old verger allows himself no rest, and still rings the service in and out.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a