vt (-fies, -fying, -fied)
- 1.1 (confirm) [doubts/fears/theory] confirmar, corroborar her suspicions were verified when she found the letter confirmó sus sospechas al encontrar la cartaMore example sentences1.2 (check) [fact/statement/details] verificar*, comprobar*
More example sentences
- There was filed as Exhibit 10 the application verified by statutory declaration.
- No one went through the statements from Ms Cosgrove in an attempt to verify her allegations.
- This week, the US Supreme Court upheld an appeal court ruling that verified the original District Court verdict.
- The results were also verified by Northern blot analysis.
- However, there was no way to independently verify the identity of the men killed and arrested on Saturday night.
- Absence of the wild-type gene was also verified by PCR at this point.
Browse other language resources
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...