transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-fies, -fying, -fied)
- 1.1 (confirm) [doubts/fears/theory] confirmar, corroborar her suspicions were verified when she found the letter confirmó sus sospechas al encontrar la cartaMore example sentences1.2 (check) [fact/statement/details] verificar*, comprobar*
More example sentences
- There was filed as Exhibit 10 the application verified by statutory declaration.
- No one went through the statements from Ms Cosgrove in an attempt to verify her allegations.
- This week, the US Supreme Court upheld an appeal court ruling that verified the original District Court verdict.
- The results were also verified by Northern blot analysis.
- However, there was no way to independently verify the identity of the men killed and arrested on Saturday night.
- Absence of the wild-type gene was also verified by PCR at this point.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Did you know that the primary meaning of almuerzo is lunch? It is used only in this sense in most of Latin America. In Spain and Mexico, where comida is the usual word for lunch, almuerzo can also be a mid-morning snack.