Translation of verify in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-fies, -fying, -fied)
- 1.1 (confirm) [doubts/fears/theory] confirmar, corroborar her suspicions were verified when she found the letter confirmó sus sospechas al encontrar la cartaExample sentences1.2 (check) [fact/statement/details] verificar*, comprobar*
- There was filed as Exhibit 10 the application verified by statutory declaration.
- No one went through the statements from Ms Cosgrove in an attempt to verify her allegations.
- This week, the US Supreme Court upheld an appeal court ruling that verified the original District Court verdict.
- The results were also verified by Northern blot analysis.
- However, there was no way to independently verify the identity of the men killed and arrested on Saturday night.
- Absence of the wild-type gene was also verified by PCR at this point.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...