- 2 countable/numerable 2.1 (short poem) verso (m), rima (f) 2.2 (stanza) estrofa (feminine) 2.3verse (line) verso (masculine) 2.4 countable/numerable (in Bible) versículo (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- These moments draw on and return to a practice entrenched in evangelicalism: the use of Bible memory verses.
- We have many different such divisions ranging from what would be long verses to chapter style divisions.
- In a short work like this we cannot examine all the verses in the Bible which refer to the devil and Satan.
- Both he and Frost advocated the use of natural diction, and of colloquial speech rhythms in metrical verse.
- The only way to write poetry is to begin by writing verse.
- Among the pioneers of free verse, D. H. Lawrence stands out as one who, though gifted in metrical verse, is happier without meter.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain the term castellano, rather than español, refers to the Spanish language as opposed to Catalan, Basque etc. The choice of word has political overtones: castellano has separatist connotations and español is considered centralist. In Latin America castellano is the usual term for Spanish.