- 2 countable/numerable 2.1 (short poem) verso (m), rima (f) 2.2 (stanza) estrofa (feminine) 2.3verse (line) verso (masculine) 2.4 countable/numerable (in Bible) versículo (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- These moments draw on and return to a practice entrenched in evangelicalism: the use of Bible memory verses.
- We have many different such divisions ranging from what would be long verses to chapter style divisions.
- In a short work like this we cannot examine all the verses in the Bible which refer to the devil and Satan.
- Both he and Frost advocated the use of natural diction, and of colloquial speech rhythms in metrical verse.
- The only way to write poetry is to begin by writing verse.
- Among the pioneers of free verse, D. H. Lawrence stands out as one who, though gifted in metrical verse, is happier without meter.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)