Translation of verso in Spanish:
noun plural versos
- [formal] (of page)(of coin, medal)Example sentences
- Happily, the verso of the title page tells us why: it's printed in 11.75 point on 15.5 point Minion, with 33 lines to the page in Royal Octavo size.
- On the folded third sheet, there are speeches written on the first and third sides only, their versos being blank.
- He kept old bills and shopping lists, then copied out his sermons on the verso sides and stitched them into handmade notebooks.
- There is a drawing of a standing female nude on the verso.
- Yet the explanation could be far more prosaic - that John's image (unlike those of Mark and Luke at least) had a blank verso.
- The image on the verso, divided into three registers, unfolds from bottom to top and from left to right.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.