Translation of very in Spanish:
- 1.1 (extremely) she's very tall/clever/fates muy alta/inteligente/gorda(more emphatic)was he upset? — very
es altísima/inteligentísima/gordísima¿estaba disgustado? — muchoit was very hot/coldhacía mucho calor/fríoare you hungry? — no, not very¿tienes hambre? — no, no muchait was very wrong of me to interfereestuve muy mal en entrometermeI'm really very, very sorryde verdad lo siento muchísimoyou know very well what I'm talking aboutsabes muy bien a qué me refieroExample sentences1.2 (in phrases) very muchthank you very much did you enjoy it? — yes, very much indeed
¿te gustó? — sí, muchohe's very much his mother's favorite very wellmuy bienI couldn't very well refuse¡cómo me iba a negar!Example sentences1.3 (emphatic) did you do it all on your very own?
- People seem to take the idea of Kevin Bacon, and his Six degrees, very seriously.
- This is something that you learn quite quickly and is very easy to exploit if you want free technical support.
- There has been a very high degree of co-operation between everyone involved in this case.
¿lo hiciste tú solito?the very next dayprecisamente al día siguientethe very same dayel mismísimo or (Central America) (Mexico) (Venezuela) [colloquial] el mero díaI did the very same thing myselfyo hice exactamente lo mismoit's the very least I can does lo mínimo or lo menos que puedo hacerat the very most/leastcomo máximo/mínimonothing but the very bestsolo lo mejor de lo mejorExample sentences
- Yorkshire and especially Bradford must be very proud of this wonderful caring celebrity.
- James, especially, took it very badly when he told them how useless they were.
- It was a dark, deep chocolate truffle with a very distinct bite of fresh black pepper.
- I've seen a lot of movies, but this is truly one of the very best I could ever hope to see.
adjective before noun
- 1.1 (exact, precise) for that very reasonpor esa misma razónat that very moment
por eso mismoen ese mismo or preciso momentothis is the very spot where I found itfue aquí mismo or en este preciso lugar donde lo encontréthat's the very one I wantedese es exactamente el que yo queríaah! the very person I wanted to see!¡ah, justo la persona a quien quería ver!1.2 (absolute, extreme) it's at the very bottom of the pileestá justo abajo de todoright from the very start
está justo en el fondo del montóndesde el primer momentoright in the very middleen el mismísimo or (Central America) (Mexico) (Venezuela) [colloquial] el mero centroshe's at the very peak of her careerestá en la cima or cúspide de su carrerain the very heart of the jungleen el corazón mismo de la junglaat the very mostcomo máximo1.3 (actual) its very existence is threatened
a lo sumosu misma existencia se halla amenazadanot Joe Altman? — yes, the very man (himself)¿no dirás Joe Altman? — sí, el mismísimo or (Central America) (Mexico) (Venezuela) [colloquial] el mero1.4 (mere, sheer) the very mention of her namela sola or mera mención de su nombrethe very thought of it makes me furiousme pongo furioso de solo pensarlowalk out without paying? the very idea!¿irnos sin pagar? ¡cómo se te ocurre!1.5 (utter, veritable) [literary]very GodDios de Diosthe veriest scoundrel [archaic]el sinvergüenza más grandeExample sentences
- He was quickly displaying the very mental toughness which has been lacking among his players.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.