Translation of vessel in Spanish:
- 1 (Nautical) [formal]navío (masculine) [formal]nave (feminine) [literary]passenger vesselExample sentences
- The bridge only opens with two keys, at the moment it is high and open, which would allow ships and other nautical vessels to pass beneath us.
- An intensive search for the vessel's mother ship was mounted but nothing found.
- It said about 35,409 ships and vessels have returned to ports.
- 2 (receptacle) [formal]also: drinking vesselempty vessels make most noise or soundExample sentences
- Once you decide on the drinking vessel (goblet, bowl, mug or stein), you need to get it from the shelves.
- It can only obtain a liquid state under very high pressure in a containment vessel.
- Glass containers, ceramic vessels and galvanised cans brimming with an array of cacti, gerbera and orchids are available for your mum's Mother's Day delectation.
- 3 (Anatomy, Botany) blood vesselExample sentences
- And consuming too much alcohol also can dilate the blood vessels in the skin, giving it a reddish hue.
- They also have a similarity to the small blood vessels damaged in long-standing diabetes.
- These help constrict dilated vessels of the nose and help water eyes.
- The fungus plugs up the tree's vascular system, the collection of tiny vessels that transports water and nutrients to the plant cells.
- The finely porous membranes are designed to allow the flow of water between adjacent vessels while preventing the passage of gas bubbles and pathogens.
- Throughout most of the day, when the plant is transpiring, these vessels will contain water under substantial hydraulic tension.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.