Translation of vestibule in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of building)Example sentences1.2
(American English) (Railways) (descansillo de paso entre vagones)Example sentences1.3 (Anatomy)
- The trio rounded the end of the shelves and saw a crouched form behind the stone archway that made up the division between the vestibule and the main hall of the library.
- The main room was a rectangle with various antechambers and vestibules branching off down its length.
- The public entrance penetrates the knuckle between the angled wing and the auditorium leading to a vestibule that gives access to the concert hall foyer and promenading space at ground level.
- Why else, then, do I hang out in the vestibules of trains, when a comfortable seat is at hand in the car behind me?
- Just as a conductor got near us, he had to go to the vestibule once more.
- We got to ride while standing in the vestibule at the end of the train talking to the crew.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.