Translation of vestigial in Spanish:
- 1 (marginally remaining) [formal]vestigial tracesvestigios (masculine plural)he retains some vestigial authority
rastros (masculine plural)todavía detenta ciertos vestigios de autoridadExample sentences
- This kind of argument, although true, overlooks the underlying cause of this kind of behavior - the primitive, vestigial, human survival instinct for tribalism.
- Perhaps this attitude stemmed from some vestigial Old World notions of hierarchy, division of labor, or even the unseemliness of the music that they produced.
- By Monday night, though, in his 48-hour-warning speech, the references to international law and the United Nations had become vestigial.
- 2 (Biology)Example sentences
- The point is not that vestigial organs have no function whatsoever.
- The belief that wisdom teeth are vestigial organs that lack a function in the body (as was previously believed for the appendix), is less common today but still evident.
- It used to be maintained that there were almost 200 vestigial organs in the human body.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.