Translation of veteran in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of war) veterano, (masculine, feminine) de guerra a veteran of the Second World War un veterano de la Segunda Guerra Mundial (before noun/delante del nombre) [soldier] veterano 1.2 (of military service) (American English/inglés norteamericano) licenciado (masculine) del servicio militarExample sentences1.3 (experienced person) veterano, (masculine, feminine) a veteran of local politics un veterano de la política local (before noun/delante del nombre) [actor/reporter] veterano
- He was one of several MPs from all parties who supported those campaigning for a medal for veterans who served in Egypt.
- Army veterans who served in World War Two have joined the campaign to save their former regiment.
- The description was wholeheartedly endorsed by veterans who served under the Brigadier.
- The new players have provided tough competition to the veterans in the field.
- This veteran found the experience so outlandish that he could not tell anyone about it.
- Separately, however, they were veterans of the festival experience as solo performers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.