Translation of veteran in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of war) veterano, (masculine, feminine) de guerra a veteran of the Second World War un veterano de la Segunda Guerra Mundial (before noun/delante del nombre) [soldier] veterano 1.2 (of military service) (American English/inglés norteamericano) licenciado (masculine) del servicio militarExample sentences1.3 (experienced person) veterano, (masculine, feminine) a veteran of local politics un veterano de la política local (before noun/delante del nombre) [actor/reporter] veterano
- He was one of several MPs from all parties who supported those campaigning for a medal for veterans who served in Egypt.
- Army veterans who served in World War Two have joined the campaign to save their former regiment.
- The description was wholeheartedly endorsed by veterans who served under the Brigadier.
- The new players have provided tough competition to the veterans in the field.
- This veteran found the experience so outlandish that he could not tell anyone about it.
- Separately, however, they were veterans of the festival experience as solo performers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.