- 1.1 (of war) veterano, (masculine, feminine) de guerra a veteran of the Second World War un veterano de la Segunda Guerra Mundial (before noun/delante del nombre) [soldier] veterano 1.2 (of military service) (American English/inglés norteamericano) licenciado (masculine) del servicio militarMore example sentences1.3 (experienced person) veterano, (masculine, feminine) a veteran of local politics un veterano de la política local (before noun/delante del nombre) [actor/reporter] veterano
More example sentences
- He was one of several MPs from all parties who supported those campaigning for a medal for veterans who served in Egypt.
- Army veterans who served in World War Two have joined the campaign to save their former regiment.
- The description was wholeheartedly endorsed by veterans who served under the Brigadier.
- The new players have provided tough competition to the veterans in the field.
- This veteran found the experience so outlandish that he could not tell anyone about it.
- Separately, however, they were veterans of the festival experience as solo performers.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Guernica is a Basque town destroyed by German bombers fighting on the Nationalist side in the Spanish Civil War in April 1937.