Translation of veteran in Spanish:
- 1 (of war) a veteran of the Second World Warun veterano de la Segunda Guerra Mundial(before noun) (soldier)
- The new players have provided tough competition to the veterans in the field.
- This veteran found the experience so outlandish that he could not tell anyone about it.
- Separately, however, they were veterans of the festival experience as solo performers.
- 2 (of military service)(American English)
licenciado (masculine) del servicio militarExample sentences
- He was one of several MPs from all parties who supported those campaigning for a medal for veterans who served in Egypt.
- Army veterans who served in World War Two have joined the campaign to save their former regiment.
- The description was wholeheartedly endorsed by veterans who served under the Brigadier.
- 3 (experienced person)veterano, (-na) (masculine, feminine)a veteran of local politicsun veterano de la política local(before noun) (actor/reporter)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.