Translation of vexed in Spanish:
- 1 (contentious) (before noun) the vexed question of …el polémico or controvertido tema de …Example sentences
- At the heart of this problem lies the vexed question for the judiciary of separating policy issues from legal issues, and this is well illustrated by the impossibility of accepting the orthodox view of judicial independence at face value.
- All these issues meet in the vexed question of governance.
- These legal issues lead into politico-legal questions such as the vexed issue of compliance: there are clearly serious difficulties involved in making states live up to their legal obligations.
- 2 2.1 (annoyed)(expression/tone)to be vexed
irritadoestar enojado (especially Latin America)
estar enfadado (especially Spain)Example sentences2.2 (worried, puzzled)
- I was actually mad at this new French boss - miffed, annoyed, vexed - about getting promoted.
- He certainly did get more annoyed and vexed than other people seemed to, when things didn't quite go his way.
- With that Cheni sighed in frustration, vexed at having him not be able to understand him.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.