Translation of vicar in Spanish:
- 1 (Anglican) (esp in UK)Example sentences
- The movement claims as active members 40 or 50 Church of England vicars and some Catholic priests.
- For 12 months cameras will follow the fortunes of the St Mary Magdalene's, which at present is being looked after by a vicar from a neighbouring parish, as the new incumbent tries to make a difference.
- She later earned a doctorate in psychology from Fordham University, and was the vicar for religious in the Trenton Diocese.
- 2 (Catholic) the Vicar of Christel Vicario de CristoExample sentences
- The Pope's vicar or deputy for Rome, Cardinal Camillo Luini, also continues in his functions of providing for the pastoral needs of the city.
- Bishops should resume their traditional roles as vicars of Christ in their own dioceses and be prepared to consult with the presbyteral, pastoral, and finance councils provided for in canon law.
- Now, I suspect that most of us read this anecdote with a somewhat bemused attitude at the daring of the vicar for having asked something so time-consuming of his bishop.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.