Translation of view in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable/no numerable 1.1 (sight) vista (feminine) as we turned right, the hotel came into view al torcer a la derecha pudimos ver el hotel or el hotel apareció ante nuestra vista to disappear from view perderse* de vista, desaparecer* we soon came in view of the bay pronto pudimos ver la bahía to be hidden from view estar* oculto in full view of sb/sth a la vista de algn/algo he undressed in full view of everyone se desvistió delante de todos or a la vista de todosExample sentences1.2 (range of vision) we had a good view of the stage veíamos muy bien el escenario he stood up to get a better view se puso de pie para ver mejor you're blocking my view me estás tapando, no me dejas ver
- The type of tree will be chosen so as not to obstruct one's view or cause overcrowding.
- The water slides show no signs of abating and regularly obstruct one's view of the sun.
- The other woman sighed; Vicky's view of her was obstructed by a circle of three guards that surrounded her.
- 2 countable/numerable 2.1 (scene, vista) vista (feminine) an apartment with an ocean view un apartamento con vista al mar a view over the lake una vista panorámica del lago 2.2 (picture, photo) vista (feminine)Example sentences
- The view is supposed to depict the landscape as seen through the asylum windows.
- Some, the view of Warsaw to the Ordynacki Palace and that towards the Royal Palace, merit the attentions of a restorer.
- Van Dyck, Canaletto's views of Venice, da Vinci sketches, Holbeins, Rubens and Rembrandts.
- Depending on design, they can mask undesirable sights or highlight attractive views.
- The lodge comprises two reception rooms and five bedrooms and with its southerly aspect, enjoys fine views down the River Naver.
- It sleeps four comfortably and every room has panoramic views of stunning sea and mountain vistas.
- 3 countable/numerable 3.1 (opinion, attitude) opinión (feminine), parecer (masculine) what's your view? ¿cuál es tu opinión or parecer?, ¿tú qué opinas? he likes to air his views le gusta dar a conocer su opinión in my view, it's too expensive en mi opinión or a mi modo de ver es demasiado caro you have a peculiar view of things tienes una visión extraña de las cosas view
on/ aboutsth opinión de/ sobrealgo to hold views on/about sth tener* ideas or opiniones sobre algo she takes the view that … ella opina que … to take a dim o poor view of sth [colloquial/familiar] she took a dim view of his arriving so late no le pareció nada bien que llegara tan tarde they take a dim view of their daughter going out with him ven con malos ojos que su hija salga con él to take the long/short view adoptar una perspectiva amplia/limitada she takes a longer view adopta una perspectiva más amplia 3.2 (survey, examination) visión (feminine)Example sentences
- I considered writing about it, throwing in my own heavily opinionated political and religious views, but I won't.
- She is strong in her political views and religious beliefs.
- We have our own opinions and views on political developments.
- 4 (plan, intention) with a view to
-ing, with the view of -ingcon la idea de+ infinitive/infinitivo, con vistas a+ infinitive/infinitivowith a view to buying a house con la idea de comprar una casa, con vistas a comprar una casa
- 5 (in phrases/en locuciones) in view what exactly do you have in view? concretamente ¿qué es lo que te propones or lo que pretendes? there's no end in view no se vislumbra el final let's have a look at what's in view for the week ahead veamos qué tenemos en perspectiva para la semana que viene this car is designed with safety in view este coche ha sido diseñado pensando en la seguridad always keep your ultimate goal in view nunca pierdas de vista el objetivo que persigues with this in view con este fin in view of en vista de in view of what's happened en vista de lo que ha sucedido in view of the fact that … en vista de que …, dado que … [formal] on view the exhibition is on view until the end of the month la exposición puede visitarse hasta fin de mes the winning entries will go on view to the public on Saturday las obras premiadas podrán verse or se expondrán al público a partir del sábado
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas