Translation of vigil in Spanish:
- 1.1 (watch) to keep (a) vigil over somethingvelar sobre algowe must keep a constant vigildebemos mantenernos siempre alertasExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (Religion)
- A mourner, fallen asleep in a late-night vigil, awakes the next morning to find that not only are his trousers missing, but the corpse has been stolen as well.
- But when I came and kept vigil in his armchair while he lay on his left ribs, his back rolled around him like an exoskeleton, all night I stared at his books neat in their shelves.
- In the old days families kept vigil and ate little ‘Soul’ cakes.
- N.O.W. was planning to hold a candlelight vigil outside the jail where Yates is being held.
- The local authorities' campaign headquarters plans to hold protest vigils outside the treasury every few days, each time representing two different municipalities.
- On March 27, about 200 teachers and students from the Wellington and Hutt Valley regions staged a protest vigil outside parliament.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.