Translation of vigil in Spanish:
- 1.1 (watch) vela (feminine) to keep (a) vigil over sth velar sobre algo we must keep a constant vigil debemos mantenernos siempre alertasExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 [Religion/Religión] vigilia (feminine)
- A mourner, fallen asleep in a late-night vigil, awakes the next morning to find that not only are his trousers missing, but the corpse has been stolen as well.
- But when I came and kept vigil in his armchair while he lay on his left ribs, his back rolled around him like an exoskeleton, all night I stared at his books neat in their shelves.
- In the old days families kept vigil and ate little ‘Soul’ cakes.
- N.O.W. was planning to hold a candlelight vigil outside the jail where Yates is being held.
- The local authorities' campaign headquarters plans to hold protest vigils outside the treasury every few days, each time representing two different municipalities.
- On March 27, about 200 teachers and students from the Wellington and Hutt Valley regions staged a protest vigil outside parliament.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.