Translation of violence in Spanish:
- 1 (physical force) violencia (feminine) to use violence hacer* uso de la fuerza or de la violencia he threatened me with violence me amenazó con recurrir a la violencia a rise in levels of violence una escalada de violencia robbery with violence [Law/Derecho] robo (masculine) (con fuerza or violencia) to do violence to sth distorsionar algoExample sentences
- The most serious incidents include criminal damage and violence against people.
- What I do not respect however is people who kill or otherwise use violence against people for any reason.
- One act of violence against another is an act of violence against one's self.
- 2 (of storm, reaction, emotion) violencia (feminine)Example sentences
- No blood is spilled in the book - but its emotional violence is devastating.
- Alarmed by the violence of her sorrow and by being a witness to it, but impatient with the sorrow itself, Ray was a poor pacifier.
- The violence of the wind had lessened - though the air remained redolent with the smell of dust.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.