Translation of violence in Spanish:
- 1 (physical force) violencia (feminine) to use violence hacer* uso de la fuerza or de la violencia he threatened me with violence me amenazó con recurrir a la violencia a rise in levels of violence una escalada de violencia robbery with violence [Law/Derecho] robo (masculine) (con fuerza or violencia) to do violence to sth distorsionar algoExample sentences
- The most serious incidents include criminal damage and violence against people.
- What I do not respect however is people who kill or otherwise use violence against people for any reason.
- One act of violence against another is an act of violence against one's self.
- 2 (of storm, reaction, emotion) violencia (feminine)Example sentences
- No blood is spilled in the book - but its emotional violence is devastating.
- Alarmed by the violence of her sorrow and by being a witness to it, but impatient with the sorrow itself, Ray was a poor pacifier.
- The violence of the wind had lessened - though the air remained redolent with the smell of dust.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.