- 1 (physical force) violencia (f) to use violence hacer* uso de la fuerza or de la violencia he threatened me with violence me amenazó con recurrir a la violencia a rise in levels of violence una escalada de violencia robbery with violence [Law] robo (m) (con fuerza or violencia) to do violence to sth distorsionar algoMore example sentences
- The most serious incidents include criminal damage and violence against people.
- What I do not respect however is people who kill or otherwise use violence against people for any reason.
- One act of violence against another is an act of violence against one's self.
- 2 (of storm, reaction, emotion) violencia (f)More example sentences
- No blood is spilled in the book - but its emotional violence is devastating.
- Alarmed by the violence of her sorrow and by being a witness to it, but impatient with the sorrow itself, Ray was a poor pacifier.
- The violence of the wind had lessened - though the air remained redolent with the smell of dust.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.