Translation of violence in Spanish:
- 1 (physical force) to use violencehacer uso de la fuerza or de la violenciahe threatened me with violenceme amenazó con recurrir a la violenciaa rise in levels of violenceuna escalada de violenciarobbery with violence (Law) to do violence to somethingdistorsionar algoExample sentences
- The most serious incidents include criminal damage and violence against people.
- What I do not respect however is people who kill or otherwise use violence against people for any reason.
- One act of violence against another is an act of violence against one's self.
- 2 (of storm, reaction, emotion)Example sentences
- No blood is spilled in the book - but its emotional violence is devastating.
- Alarmed by the violence of her sorrow and by being a witness to it, but impatient with the sorrow itself, Ray was a poor pacifier.
- The violence of the wind had lessened - though the air remained redolent with the smell of dust.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.