Translation of violent in Spanish:
- 1.1 (involving physical force)(person/behavior)he met a violent deathto get violenttuvo una muerte violenta1.2 (strong, forceful)ponerse violento(grief)(contrast)he has a violent tempershe took a violent dislike to himtiene muy mal geniole tomó una manía terribleExample sentences
- At one point, things threatened to turn violent, but police arrived and calmed the volatile situation down.
- He began to turn violent against my mum, smashing up the house and threatening her.
- Not because he might turn violent - he has never been violent towards me - but he often conceals things from me.
- Anger is an emotional state that varies in intensity, ranging from mild irritation to violent rage.
- But as their relationship developed, it became clear he had an alcohol problem which set off a violent temper.
- No other individual currently on our screens and in our tabloids can solicit such violent hatred from my otherwise amiable self.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to