- 1.1 countable/numerable [Botany/Botánica] violeta (feminine) a shrinking violet una persona tímida y modestaMore example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (color) violeta (masculine); (before noun/delante del nombre) violeta (invariable adjective/adjetivo invariable)
More example sentences
- Colourful wild flowers sprung up by the roadside, purple violets and white daisies dotted among the grass.
- Purple hyacinths and blue violets arranged together, the colors working together nicely.
- There were pools that dreamed black and unruffled, there were a few white lilies, crocuses and violets; purple or pale, snake-like frittilaries.
- He was splendidly dressed in the royal scarlet and bluish violet.
- Except for one large canvas dependent on scrabbled zones of shockingly clear violet, most of the paintings are a little murky.
- Now, it was not a bluish sort of violet, but pure, clear purple.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Senado is the name of the upper chamber of the Spanish Cortes Generales, and the place where it meets. There are 250 senators, most of whom are elected every four years, at general elections, four from each province. A small number of senators are also elected by the autonomous governments.