- 1 u c (moral excellence) virtud (f) to make a virtue of necessity hacer* de la necesidad virtudMore example sentences
- He notes that vice is punished and virtue rewarded in most of the director's many babelicious films.
- There is no vice and virtue, no moral framework to locate the individual within the cosmic infinity of the universe.
- Some hold that what makes any person fundamentally deserving of good or bad fortune is her level of virtue or moral merit.
- 2 c (advantage) ventaja (f) there's no virtue in speed at the expense of accuracy no tiene mérito trabajar rápido si se cometen erroresMore example sentences
- That sparked the Herald writer to extol the virtues of the car.
- For many years now my bargain-hungry brethren have been extolling the virtues of car boot sales.
- The priest was summoned to give Paddy a dressing down about some mischief he had been getting into and to extol the virtues and benefits of living a good life.
- 4 u (chastity, fidelity) virtud (f) a woman of easy virtue [dated or hum] una mujer ligera o ligera de cascos [anticuado/dated]
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.