Translation of virtue in Spanish:
- 1 u and c (moral excellence) virtud (feminine) to make a virtue of necessity hacer* de la necesidad virtudExample sentences
- He notes that vice is punished and virtue rewarded in most of the director's many babelicious films.
- There is no vice and virtue, no moral framework to locate the individual within the cosmic infinity of the universe.
- Some hold that what makes any person fundamentally deserving of good or bad fortune is her level of virtue or moral merit.
- 2 countable/numerable (advantage) ventaja (feminine) there's no virtue in speed at the expense of accuracy no tiene mérito trabajar rápido si se cometen erroresExample sentences
- That sparked the Herald writer to extol the virtues of the car.
- For many years now my bargain-hungry brethren have been extolling the virtues of car boot sales.
- The priest was summoned to give Paddy a dressing down about some mischief he had been getting into and to extol the virtues and benefits of living a good life.
- 4 uncountable/no numerable (chastity, fidelity) virtud (feminine) a woman of easy virtue [dated or hum] una mujer ligera o ligera de cascos [anticuado]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.