Translation of virtue in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable and countable (moral excellence) to make a virtue of necessityExample sentences
- He notes that vice is punished and virtue rewarded in most of the director's many babelicious films.
- There is no vice and virtue, no moral framework to locate the individual within the cosmic infinity of the universe.
- Some hold that what makes any person fundamentally deserving of good or bad fortune is her level of virtue or moral merit.
- 2 countable (advantage) there's no virtue in speed at the expense of accuracyno tiene mérito trabajar rápido si se cometen erroresExample sentences
- That sparked the Herald writer to extol the virtues of the car.
- For many years now my bargain-hungry brethren have been extolling the virtues of car boot sales.
- The priest was summoned to give Paddy a dressing down about some mischief he had been getting into and to extol the virtues and benefits of living a good life.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.