Translation of virtue in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable or countable (moral excellence) to make a virtue of necessityExample sentences
- He notes that vice is punished and virtue rewarded in most of the director's many babelicious films.
- There is no vice and virtue, no moral framework to locate the individual within the cosmic infinity of the universe.
- Some hold that what makes any person fundamentally deserving of good or bad fortune is her level of virtue or moral merit.
- 2 countable (advantage) there's no virtue in speed at the expense of accuracyno tiene mérito trabajar rápido si se cometen erroresExample sentences
- That sparked the Herald writer to extol the virtues of the car.
- For many years now my bargain-hungry brethren have been extolling the virtues of car boot sales.
- The priest was summoned to give Paddy a dressing down about some mischief he had been getting into and to extol the virtues and benefits of living a good life.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.