Translation of vision in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (faculty of sight) perfect visionvisión perfectagood/poor visionbuena/mala vistaExample sentences1.2 (visibility) field of vision
- A team of researchers exploring the eye's genetic make-up say they may have found a gene able to restore some vision in people who have gone blind.
- She is now completely blind in both eyes but still attends Moorfields Eye Hospital in London and hopes surgeons will one day be able to restore her vision.
- Those that serve the special senses of smell and vision are purely sensory, and differ from the rest in being essentially extensions of the brain itself.
- 2 uncountable (imagination, foresight) the artist's breadth of visionla amplitud de miras del artistaExample sentences
- The question of the Labor leadership is a question about Labor's future direction and policy vision for Australia.
- We set out to be a Government with a clear direction and vision for the future, supported by the broad mainstream of New Zealanders.
- Companies with the right vision can begin planning their future activities along these lines.
- 3 countable 3.1 (dreamlike revelation) to have/see a visiontener una visiónshe was a vision (of loveliness) in her wedding dress [literary]era un sueño en su traje de noviaExample sentences3.2 (mental image, concept) I had visions of you being rushed to hospital
ya me imaginaba que te habrían llevado de urgencia al hospitalExample sentences
- Fields, an artist from Winston-Salem, N.C., reportedly produces his work while experiencing visions in a trance.
- Didn't anyone anywhere else, in any other period of history, experience dreams, visions, prophecies of God?
- She succeeds, but just as she brings Tom out of his trance he experiences a terrifying vision which send him into a panic.
- He was the foremost influence on her politics, a man with no party membership but a socialist vision of how society could and should be.
- Utopias hold out for a vision of the future - a vision of how society ought to be.
- His document looks at the country's declining birth rate and the continuing brain drain and presents an apocalyptic vision of the future in Scotland.
- I suddenly had visions of M serving them up for months on end topped with wholemeal flour.
- I suddenly had visions of having to mow around Bruno.
- I had visions of him going into a coma, though I'm sure he'd probably just throw up.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.