Translation of vital in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (essential) to be vital
tosomebody/somethingser de vital or fundamental importanciait is vital that he be found paraalguien/algoes esencial que lo encontremosit is vital to send the drugs without delay
hay que encontrarlo a toda costaes esencial or imperativo que las medicinas se despachen inmediatamenteis it absolutely vital for you to go today?¿es absolutamente imprescindible que vayas hoy?Example sentences1.2 (crucial, decisive)
(factor/issue)at the vital moment
- ‘The role of the priest is absolutely vital to the Church and the welfare of priests would be one of my primary concerns,’ he said.
- Therefore the hygienic handling and production of feed is absolutely vital to ensure safe food.
- They say a new school is absolutely vital to the town and that if it is not delivered that well over 100 pupils may be turned away from primary schools in as little as three years time.
de vital importanciaen el momento crucial or clavea matter of vital importanceun asunto de vital importancia1.3 (necessary for life)(organ/function)
- This procedure uses artificial extracorporeal circulation to provide oxygenated blood to vital organs while the heart is stopped.
- Thus they became, in effect, extensions of the host itself - as indispensable as a vital organ.
- Blood pressure and blood flow to vital organs drop suddenly.
- 2 (energetic, vigorous)(person)her paintings are bold and vital
lleno de vitalidad or de vidasus cuadros son audaces y llenos de vitalidad or de fuerzaExample sentences
- This is said to balance the flow of vital energy (Qi, pronounced ‘chee’) in the body and regulate the function of the inner organs.
- In this two-day course you will learn to harness and channel this vital energy to help yourself, family, friends, community and world situations.
- He said there was an ancient ritual where a beautiful young girl would be asked to go down a mine that was running low in ore so she could ‘transmit her vital energy to Mother Earth’.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.