Translation of vital in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (essential) [equipment/supplies] esencial, fundamental to be vital
tosb/sth ser* de vital or fundamental importancia paraalgn/algo it is vital that he be found es esencial que lo encontremos, hay que encontrarlo a toda costa it is vital to send the drugs without delay es esencial or imperativo que las medicinas se despachen inmediatamente is it absolutely vital for you to go today? ¿es absolutamente imprescindible que vayas hoy? 1.2 (crucial, decisive) [factor/issue] decisivo, de vital importancia at the vital moment en el momento crucial or clave a matter of vital importance un asunto de vital importanciaExample sentences1.3 (necessary for life) [organ/function] vital
- ‘The role of the priest is absolutely vital to the Church and the welfare of priests would be one of my primary concerns,’ he said.
- Therefore the hygienic handling and production of feed is absolutely vital to ensure safe food.
- They say a new school is absolutely vital to the town and that if it is not delivered that well over 100 pupils may be turned away from primary schools in as little as three years time.
- This procedure uses artificial extracorporeal circulation to provide oxygenated blood to vital organs while the heart is stopped.
- Thus they became, in effect, extensions of the host itself - as indispensable as a vital organ.
- Blood pressure and blood flow to vital organs drop suddenly.
- 2 (energetic, vigorous) [person] vital, lleno de vitalidad or de vida her paintings are bold and vital sus cuadros son audaces y llenos de vitalidad or de fuerzaExample sentences
- This is said to balance the flow of vital energy (Qi, pronounced ‘chee’) in the body and regulate the function of the inner organs.
- In this two-day course you will learn to harness and channel this vital energy to help yourself, family, friends, community and world situations.
- He said there was an ancient ritual where a beautiful young girl would be asked to go down a mine that was running low in ore so she could ‘transmit her vital energy to Mother Earth’.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.