Translation of vital in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (essential) to be vital
tosomebody/somethingit is vital that he be foundser de vital or fundamental importancia paraalguien/algoit is vital to send the drugs without delayes esencial que lo encontremoshay que encontrarlo a toda costais it absolutely vital for you to go today?es esencial or imperativo que las medicinas se despachen inmediatamente1.2 (crucial, decisive)¿es absolutamente imprescindible que vayas hoy?(factor/issue)at the vital momentde vital importanciaa matter of vital importanceen el momento crucial or claveun asunto de vital importanciaExample sentences1.3 (necessary for life)
- ‘The role of the priest is absolutely vital to the Church and the welfare of priests would be one of my primary concerns,’ he said.
- Therefore the hygienic handling and production of feed is absolutely vital to ensure safe food.
- They say a new school is absolutely vital to the town and that if it is not delivered that well over 100 pupils may be turned away from primary schools in as little as three years time.
- This procedure uses artificial extracorporeal circulation to provide oxygenated blood to vital organs while the heart is stopped.
- Thus they became, in effect, extensions of the host itself - as indispensable as a vital organ.
- Blood pressure and blood flow to vital organs drop suddenly.
- 2 (energetic, vigorous)(person)her paintings are bold and vitallleno de vitalidad or de vidasus cuadros son audaces y llenos de vitalidad or de fuerzaExample sentences
- This is said to balance the flow of vital energy (Qi, pronounced ‘chee’) in the body and regulate the function of the inner organs.
- In this two-day course you will learn to harness and channel this vital energy to help yourself, family, friends, community and world situations.
- He said there was an ancient ritual where a beautiful young girl would be asked to go down a mine that was running low in ore so she could ‘transmit her vital energy to Mother Earth’.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.