Translation of voluntary in Spanish:
- 2 (unpaid) [work] voluntario; [organization] de beneficencia voluntary service servicio (masculine) de voluntariado Voluntary Service Overseas (in UK) voluntariado (masculine) en el extranjero voluntary worker voluntario, (masculine, feminine) she helps on a voluntary basis ayuda como voluntariaExample sentences
- The school cleaner volunteers have been protesting for about a month outside the gates of the legislature, demanding payment for voluntary work offered since 1997.
- Meals-on-Wheels urgently requires 2 voluntary helpers/cooks to assist in the preparing, cooking and dishing out dinners and deserts.
- More voluntary helpers are needed in Kilconduff cemetery on Saturday mornings at 10 am to help with the digging, cleaning, strimming and weeding.
noun/nombre (plural -ries)
- [Music/Música] solo (masculine) ([ de órgano o trompeta ])
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas