Translation of voluntary in Spanish:
- 2 (unpaid)(work)(organization)voluntary servicede beneficenciaVoluntary Service Overseas (in UK)servicio (masculine) de voluntariadovoluntary workervoluntariado (masculine) en el extranjeroshe helps on a voluntary basisvoluntario, (-ria) (masculine, feminine)ayuda como voluntariaExample sentences
- The school cleaner volunteers have been protesting for about a month outside the gates of the legislature, demanding payment for voluntary work offered since 1997.
- Meals-on-Wheels urgently requires 2 voluntary helpers/cooks to assist in the preparing, cooking and dishing out dinners and deserts.
- More voluntary helpers are needed in Kilconduff cemetery on Saturday mornings at 10 am to help with the digging, cleaning, strimming and weeding.
noun plural -ries
- (Music)Example sentences
- Lara hissed, supposedly under her breath, but it was picked up over the microphone and echoed around the church above the organ voluntary.
- His Melothesia, published in 1673, contains preludes and dances for harpsichord by himself and other court composers, with seven organ voluntaries as well as the earliest known printed rules for realizing a figured bass.
- The organ voluntary was the Arrival of the Queen of Sheba from Solomon, Handel
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.