Translation of voluntary in Spanish:
- 2 (unpaid)(work)
de beneficenciaservicio (masculine) de voluntariadoVoluntary Service Overseas (in UK)voluntariado (masculine) en el extranjerovoluntary workervoluntario, (-ria) (masculine, feminine)she helps on a voluntary basisayuda como voluntariaExample sentences
- The school cleaner volunteers have been protesting for about a month outside the gates of the legislature, demanding payment for voluntary work offered since 1997.
- Meals-on-Wheels urgently requires 2 voluntary helpers/cooks to assist in the preparing, cooking and dishing out dinners and deserts.
- More voluntary helpers are needed in Kilconduff cemetery on Saturday mornings at 10 am to help with the digging, cleaning, strimming and weeding.
noun plural voluntaries
- (Music)solo (masculine) (de órgano o trompeta)Example sentences
- Lara hissed, supposedly under her breath, but it was picked up over the microphone and echoed around the church above the organ voluntary.
- His Melothesia, published in 1673, contains preludes and dances for harpsichord by himself and other court composers, with seven organ voluntaries as well as the earliest known printed rules for realizing a figured bass.
- The organ voluntary was the Arrival of the Queen of Sheba from Solomon, Handel
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.