Translation of volunteer in Spanish:
- voluntario, (masculine, feminine) to call for volunteers pedir* voluntarios any volunteers to clear up the garden? ¿hay algún voluntario para arreglar el jardín? or ¿alguien se ofrece a arreglar el jardín? (before noun/delante del nombre) [organization] de voluntarios volunteer army ejército (masculine) de voluntariosExample sentences
- The organization relies on volunteers to not only work behind the scenes in the office, but to also pick up a hammer and lend a helping hand in the actual construction of the homes.
- The organization relies on volunteers to pick up donations, unpack donations, pack hampers and work in the food bank on Wednesdays.
- What started out as bar talk ended up becoming an organization with 4,000 volunteers.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- ofrecer* to volunteer one's services ofrecer* sus ( or mis etc) servicios he's not going to volunteer the information no nos dará la información (de) motu proprio Harry's gone, she volunteered —Harry se ha ido —dijo sin que nadie se lo hubiera preguntado
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas