Translation of wad in Spanish:
- 1 (roll, bundle)(of notes) fajo (masculine)(tied together) lío (masculine)Example sentences
- Savage stood and pulled his wallet from his back pocket, throwing a wad of cash on the table.
- She grabbed a wad of papers from the table beside her bed, and threw it at me.
- Well, here I am with a wad of cash in my pocket and no idea what to buy with it.
- 2 2.1 (of paper, cloth) a wad of (absorbent) cotton or (British) cotton woolun pedazo de algodónExample sentences2.2 (in cartridge, cannon)
- She made her way over to the bank of washrooms and ran some cold water over a wad of paper towels.
- I caught the red mixture of blood and peroxide in the cotton wads and wiped it away.
- You see people leaping out of the way as some great wad of canvas comes hurtling towards them.
- Consequently, the shot leaves the wad as a tightly controlled column with minimal dispersion.
- We were hoping that it would actually contain shot and a wad and other materials which occasionally happens.
- The tapered walls required the development of a new wad and the semi-hemispherical chamber required the use of slower powders to control pressures.
transitive verb present participle wadding past tense, past participle wadded
- 1 (fill, pack)Example sentences
- He took it to his bed and then dumped out several wadded garments.
- Thinly wadded and intricately stitched, all-white quilts represent a high point in the development of North Country quilting.
- The Americans travel in convoys, wadded in Kevlar and helmets, guns held ready.
- Ever resourceful, she wadded some toilet paper between it and the door frame and found that it stayed shut.
- 2 (stuff, pad)(garment)
- 3 (form into wad)(cloth/paper)
hacer un taco conExample sentences
- He wadded the stained shirt into a ball and threw it so that it hit Ian in the face.
- Nice of you to wad up all the goodwill you've accumulated and flush it down the toilet.
- Kevin wadded up a sleeping bag to use as a pillow and jammed it under his arm.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.