Translation of wad in Spanish:
- 1 (roll, bundle — of notes) fajo (masculine); (— of papers) montón (masculine), tambache (masculine) (Mexico/México) ; (— tied together) lío (masculine)Example sentences
- Savage stood and pulled his wallet from his back pocket, throwing a wad of cash on the table.
- She grabbed a wad of papers from the table beside her bed, and threw it at me.
- Well, here I am with a wad of cash in my pocket and no idea what to buy with it.
- 2 2.1 (of paper, cloth) taco (masculine) a wad of (absorbent) cotton o (British English/inglés británico) cotton wool un pedazo de algodón 2.2 (in cartridge, cannon) taco (masculine)Example sentences
- Consequently, the shot leaves the wad as a tightly controlled column with minimal dispersion.
- We were hoping that it would actually contain shot and a wad and other materials which occasionally happens.
- The tapered walls required the development of a new wad and the semi-hemispherical chamber required the use of slower powders to control pressures.
- She made her way over to the bank of washrooms and ran some cold water over a wad of paper towels.
- I caught the red mixture of blood and peroxide in the cotton wads and wiped it away.
- You see people leaping out of the way as some great wad of canvas comes hurtling towards them.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-dd-)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.