Translation of wader in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Zoology/Zoología] ave (feminine (with masculine article in the singular)) zancudaExample sentences1.2
(waders plural)[Clothing/Indumentaria] botas (feminine plural) de pescadorExample sentences
- The meadows are also important for breeding waders including redshank and curlew.
- A giant among waders, the curlew is unmistakable with long bill and legs.
- When I began birding three waders: lapwing, redshank and snipe were all common breeders in many areas of Norfolk.
- If the weather turns rough, your guide can no doubt fit you up with waterproof clothing and waders.
- When moving around a stream or river in waders, the angler should carry as little equipment as possible and slide feet forward, not step, to avoid losing balance.
- More so than any lure or rod and reel, or even watertight waders, the greatest ally of any angler hoping to catch a huge trout is patience.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the