Translation of wage in Spanish:
- (rate of pay)also: wagesa decent wagehe's on a low wageun sueldo decenteshe earns a good wagegana pocotiene un salario bajo [formal]at the moment she's earning good wagesgana biena day's wagesactualmente está sacando bastante dinerohe gambled his week's wagesun jornalI'll pay you when I get my wagesse jugó el sueldo or la paga de una semanathe wages of sin is deathte pagaré cuando cobre(before noun) wage agreement wage bargaining o negotiations wage claim wage demandel pecado se paga con la muertewage increasedemanda (feminine) or reivindicación (feminine) salarialwage labor o (British English) labour wage packet (British English)aumento (masculine) or incremento (masculine) or mejora (feminine) salarial or de sueldo(lit)wage restraint wage rise (British English)sobre (masculine) de la paga or del sueldowage roundaumento (masculine) salarial or de sueldowage scale wages clerk wage slipserie (feminine) de negociaciones salarialeswages snatchrecibo (masculine) de sueldowage talksrobo (masculine) de nóminaExample sentences
- That means a writer not only has to write, but crucially, have accepted, three plays a year just to earn the national average wage.
- They were weary of working twelve hour days, seven days a week for subsistence wages.
- This is already the case for ministers of state, who employ their drivers on a fixed wage.
- to wage war on o against somebodyto wage a campaign against somethinghacerle la guerra a alguiento wage war on inflation/crimehacer (una) campaña contra algothe struggle is being waged on many frontsluchar contra or hacerle la guerra a la inflación/la delincuenciala batalla se está librando en varios frentes
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to