Translation of waist in Spanish:
- 1 (Anatomy) (waistline)(distance from shoulder to waistline) talle (masculine)the skirt is too tight around the waistla falda le ( or me etc. ) queda apretada de cintura or tallehe only comes up to my waistsolo me llega a la cinturato be stripped to the waistestar desnudo de la cintura para arribashe has a short waist (before noun) waist measurementmedida (feminine) de cintura
cintura (feminine)Example sentences
- I plaited her hair so that it fell in one long rope of yellow to her narrow waist.
- A set-in waistband hints at a waist, while the flared hemline softens a boxy shape.
- Swimmers with this body type are more muscular, thick-chested with broad shoulders and a smaller waist.
- By this means we are told that waists can be reduced, flat chests inflated, hips broadened and lungs strengthened, to say nothing of reducing weight.
- Ancient statues have been found of men and women with 10-inch (!) waists!
- How lovely to think that even those with 24-inch waists will be forced to cover them up from now on.
- 2 (of garment) a dress with a high waistExample sentences
- My jeans have an elastic waist and pockets on the side and larger ones below my knees.
- Pin your creation on your shoulder, at the waist, on a hat or handbag, even on a cuff at the wrist.
- Drawstring pants with elastic in the waist allow for a closer fit with added flexibility.
- 3 (of ship, aircraft)sección (feminine) centralExample sentences
- She is 60 ft long and sleeps 10-four in the bow, four in the stern and two in the waist of the ship.
- He stood nonchalantly next to the quarter-deck rail looking into the waist.
- Kennedy entered the waist from below decks reaching his hand down the companion to assist her up the steep stairs!
- 4 (of guitar, violin)parte (feminine) estrechaExample sentences
- Wellington, a long almond biscuit, rounded at each end with a narrower waist.
- The flats currently used appear to be about 0.04 inch too narrow at the waist and 0.04 inch too long.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.