Translation of wall in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (freestanding) muro (masculine); (of castle, city) muralla (feminine) I'd put them up against a wall and shoot them yo los llevaría a todos al paredón garden wall tapia (feminine), muro (masculine) sea wall espigón (masculine), malecón (masculine), tajamar (masculine) (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) the Berlin Wall [History/Historia] el muro de Berlín Hadrian's Wall la muralla or el muro de Adriano it's like talking to a brick wall es como hablarle a la pared to go/be driven to the wall [company/business] irse* a pique up the wall I was going o crawling up the wall with boredom estaba que me trepaba or subía por las paredes del aburrimiento she drives me up the wall me saca de quicio, me enerva she'll go up the wall when she finds out se va a poner furiosa cuando se entereExample sentences1.2 (barrier) barrera (feminine) a wall of fire/flames/silence una barrera de fuego/llamas/silencio an impenetrable wall of prejudice una barrera infranqueable de prejuicios to come up against a brick wall darse* de narices contra una pared
- The Washburn Valley is true Dales country, with stoutly-built stone barns and sinuous walls dividing up the fields of deep velvety green.
- The slow seep through the garden wall made the whole area under the grapes a muddy swamp.
- By the time I got to the drystone wall that divides the plot from the public footpath and the beck, the sobs had changed to screams of rage.
- Detectives met a wall of silence despite being convinced that several local people knew who was responsible.
- Bullet-proof glass and protective walls will hopefully put paid to any terrorist attacks.
- He carried on his celestial observations alone from a tower situated on the protective wall of the cathedral.
- 2 (of building, room) pared (feminine), muralla (feminine) (Chile) is that an outside or a common o (British English/inglés británico) party wall? ¿esa pared es exterior o medianera? this must not go o pass beyond these (four) walls esto que no salga de aquí to have one's back to the wall estar* en un apuro or en un aprieto walls have ears las paredes oyen (before noun/delante del nombre) wall bars [Sport/Deporte] espalderas (feminine plural) wall light/lamp aplique (masculine)
- 3 3.1 (of stomach, artery) pared (feminine) 3.2 (of tire) flanco (masculine)Example sentences
- At the strategic location of Pointe du Hoc, American Rangers scaled the cliff walls on D-Day.
- Up close, the walls were like the surface of the moon, made vertical.
- Describing the feeling of what it is like to scale a craggy wall with ease, Kirsty likened the experience to a Zen state.
- The outer layer of the wall of the large intestine is weaker in some areas than in others.
- The outer wall of the braincase becomes the alisphenoid and the dermal skull bones.
- There were several points of adhesion from the lung to the chest wall and to the mediastinal pleura.
wall inverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento 1.1 (surround with wall) [garden/playground/quadrangle] tapiar, cercar* con un muro or una pared or una tapia 1.2 (entomb) emparedar
wall offverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento (separate) separar con una pared or un muro or una tapia
wall upverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento 1.1 [doorway/window/alcove] tapiar, condenar 1.2 (imprison) [person/body] emparedar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the