Translation of wander in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 (+ adverb complement/+ adverbio predicativo) (walk — in a leisurely way) pasear; (— aimlessly) deambular, vagar*, caminar sin rumbo fijo, errar* [literary/literario] we spent the afternoon wandering around the village pasamos la tarde paseando por el pueblo they found him wandering around the streets lo encontraron deambulando or vagando por las calles she wandered around the room in a daze daba vueltas por la habitación como aturdida we're going to wander back now vamos a volver sin prisas he wandered in at ten llegó a las diez tan campante or como si tal cosa she wandered all over the world se recorrió todo el mundo his fingers wandered over the keyboard sus dedos recorrieron el teclado the stream wanders through wooded valleys el riachuelo serpentea por entre valles poblados de árboles 1.2 (stray) don't let the children wander away from the car no dejes que los niños se alejen del coche without realizing it, we had wandered from the path sin darnos cuenta nos habíamos salido or alejado del sendero the aircraft had wandered off course el avión se había desviado de su rumbo don't wander off! we're leaving in five minutes no te vayas por ahí, que dentro de cinco minutos nos vamos he was bored so he let his mind wander estaba aburrido, así que se puso a pensar en otra cosa or dejó vagar su imaginación concentrate! don't let your mind wander! ¡concéntrate! ¡no te distraigas! don't wander off the point no divagues, no te vayas por las ramas she wanders a bit (because senile, mentally disturbed) divaga or desvaría un poco 1.3(wandering present participle/participio presente)[actors] itinerante; [tribe] nómada; [salesman] ambulante; [gaze] errante [literary/literario]; [path] tortuoso to have wandering hands tener* las manos largas the Wandering Jew el Judío ErranteExample sentences
- The company ate their food and began to slowly in little groups wander off outside the cave.
- As we lay down in our sleeping bags, we slowly let our minds wander off and let our thoughts seek peace.
- His attention's always seeking to wander off: it's only in a crisis that he feels he is where he wants to be.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [hills/meadows] (for recreation) pasear por; (lost) dar* vueltas por I spent an hour wandering the corridors me pasé una hora dando vueltas por los pasillos to wander the streets deambular or vagar* por las calles, caminar sin rumbo fijoExample sentences
- Serious traffic accidents were narrowly avoided as numerous motorists were forced to swerve to avoid the animals that were wandering along the main road at Fossa.
- We turned a corner of the road and wandered down another street much the same as the others.
- He wandered on down the road, tears streaming down his cheeks, the questions whirling in his brain.
- While wandering the area you can explore the Tipi maze, petting zoo, live music, and pumpkin patch.
- He wandered the seedy areas with his eyes wide open and his camera at the ready.
- When he's not here, I often see him just wandering the area.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Did you know that Antena 3 was Spain's first private television channel? It began broadcasting in 1989. Its proprietors include the conservative newspapers La Vanguardia and ABC.