Translation of wander in Spanish:
- 1.1 (+ adverb complement) (walk — in a leisurely way) we spent the afternoon wandering around the villagethey found him wandering around the streetspasamos la tarde paseando por el puebloshe wandered around the room in a dazelo encontraron deambulando or vagando por las calleswe're going to wander back nowdaba vueltas por la habitación como aturdidahe wandered in at tenvamos a volver sin prisasshe wandered all over the worldllegó a las diez tan campante or como si tal cosahis fingers wandered over the keyboardse recorrió todo el mundothe stream wanders through wooded valleyssus dedos recorrieron el teclado1.2 (stray) See examples: don't let the children wander away from the carel riachuelo serpentea por entre valles poblados de árboleswithout realizing it, we had wandered from the pathno dejes que los niños se alejen del cochethe aircraft had wandered off coursesin darnos cuenta nos habíamos salido or alejado del senderodon't wander off! we're leaving in five minutesel avión se había desviado de su rumbohe was bored so he let his mind wanderno te vayas por ahí, que dentro de cinco minutos nos vamosconcentrate! don't let your mind wander!estaba aburrido, así que se puso a pensar en otra cosa or dejó vagar su imaginacióndon't wander off the point¡concéntrate! ¡no te distraigas!she wanders a bit (because senile, mentally disturbed)no divaguesno te vayas por las ramas1.3divaga or desvaría un pocoalso: wandering present participle(actors)(tribe)(salesman)(gaze)(path)to have wandering handsthe Wandering Jewtener las manos largasel Judío Errante
- (hills/meadows) (for recreation)pasear por(lost)I spent an hour wandering the corridorsdar vueltas porto wander the streetsme pasé una hora dando vueltas por los pasillosdeambular or vagar por las callescaminar sin rumbo fijoExample sentences
- Serious traffic accidents were narrowly avoided as numerous motorists were forced to swerve to avoid the animals that were wandering along the main road at Fossa.
- We turned a corner of the road and wandered down another street much the same as the others.
- He wandered on down the road, tears streaming down his cheeks, the questions whirling in his brain.
- While wandering the area you can explore the Tipi maze, petting zoo, live music, and pumpkin patch.
- He wandered the seedy areas with his eyes wide open and his camera at the ready.
- When he's not here, I often see him just wandering the area.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.