Translation of wane in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 [moon] menguar*Example sentences1.2 (dwindle) [interest/popularity] decaer*, disminuir*, declinar support for the strike has waned in recent weeks la huelga ha perdido apoyo en las últimas semanas her strength was waning fast estaba perdiendo rápidamente las fuerzas, sus fuerzas menguaban rápidamente 1.3
(waning present participle/participio presente)[moon] menguante; [interest/popularity/influence] decrecienteExample sentences
- Tory tried to see her reflection, but the moon was waning, the stars obscured by clouds.
- Tonight and for the next week or so while the moon is waning with the brightest appearance next Tuesday night.
- On the 30th, at 10: 31 P.M., the Moon wanes to last quarter for the second time in August.
- Though my friend's interest waned and our friendship failed, my interest in the Craft only grew stronger.
- As a result, the Commonwealth's powers have waxed and the residual ones of the states have waned.
- Interest had waned over time although expectations were high that the site clean-up might re-awaken it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.