Translation of wane in Spanish:
- 1.1(moon)Example sentences1.2 (dwindle) support for the strike has waned in recent weeks
her strength was waning fastla huelga ha perdido apoyo en las últimas semanas1.3estaba perdiendo rápidamente las fuerzassus fuerzas menguaban rápidamentealso: waning present participle(moon)(interest/popularity/influence)Example sentences
- Tory tried to see her reflection, but the moon was waning, the stars obscured by clouds.
- Tonight and for the next week or so while the moon is waning with the brightest appearance next Tuesday night.
- On the 30th, at 10: 31 P.M., the Moon wanes to last quarter for the second time in August.
- Though my friend's interest waned and our friendship failed, my interest in the Craft only grew stronger.
- As a result, the Commonwealth's powers have waxed and the residual ones of the states have waned.
- Interest had waned over time although expectations were high that the site clean-up might re-awaken it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.