- 1.1 [moon] menguar*More example sentences1.2 (dwindle) [interest/popularity] decaer*, disminuir*, declinar support for the strike has waned in recent weeks la huelga ha perdido apoyo en las últimas semanas her strength was waning fast estaba perdiendo rápidamente las fuerzas, sus fuerzas menguaban rápidamente 1.3
(waning pres p)[moon] menguante; [interest/popularity/influence] decrecienteMore example sentences
- Tory tried to see her reflection, but the moon was waning, the stars obscured by clouds.
- Tonight and for the next week or so while the moon is waning with the brightest appearance next Tuesday night.
- On the 30th, at 10: 31 P.M., the Moon wanes to last quarter for the second time in August.
- Though my friend's interest waned and our friendship failed, my interest in the Craft only grew stronger.
- As a result, the Commonwealth's powers have waxed and the residual ones of the states have waned.
- Interest had waned over time although expectations were high that the site clean-up might re-awaken it.