Translation of wanton in Spanish:
- 1.1 (willful, pointless) [attack/destruction] sin sentido, gratuito; [neglect/waste] displicenteExample sentences1.2 (licentious) [lifestyle] licencioso, disipado a wanton woman una desvergonzada or descocada or libertina
- Both acts of wanton destruction were deliberately aimed at symbolically injuring the self-esteem of the targeted victims, beside tremendous loss of innocent lives.
- But legitimate protest has become mixed up with wanton destruction or even violence unrelated to the activities of the businesses attacked.
- It is wanton and pointless vandalism which has caused a lot of disruption to the school, but also those who carry out such attacks are putting their own safety at risk.
- For a moment I toyed with presenting myself as a wanton temptress with a dozen regular gentlemen callers and a bedside drawer full of Mates.
- Together they roam the streets, picking up prostitutes and other willing, wanton woman to calm their near-desperate need for the female form.
- Yet we never understand why she lives her life as such a wanton woman.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The 'Audiencia Nacional' is the Spanish high court for crimes affecting the national interest, e.g. drug trafficking, large-scale fraud and certain crimes committed abroad.