Translation of wardrobe in Spanish:
- 1.1 (clothes cupboard) armario (masculine), ropero (masculine) (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) fitted o built-in wardrobe (British English/inglés británico) armario (masculine) empotrado, clóset (masculine) (Latin America except River Plate area/América Latina excepto Río de la Plata) , placar(d) (masculine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata)Example sentences1.2 (set of clothes) guardarropa (masculine), vestuario (masculine) a large wardrobe un surtido guardarropa, un amplio vestuario
- This is a single room with built-in pine units incorporating wardrobes, shelving, cupboards, a desk and dressing table.
- The other bedroom at this level is a single with fitted bunk beds, a wardrobe, dressing table and sink.
- All of the bedrooms have fitted wardrobes and wash hand basins while one rear bedroom also has an en suite shower room.
- On the back seat is my stereo, my entire wardrobe, CD collection, books, pictures and everything that meant anything to me.
- There were colorful pareos, wrapped for wear in sundry ways by Tahitian women, who can get by with half a dozen as their entire wardrobe.
- The collection includes virtually the entire wardrobe from formal to casual and party wear, in both Western and Indian sensibilities.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.