- [preparations] bélico, de guerra; [tribe] guerrero, belicosoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- The obvious choice is North Korea, an aggressive and warlike nation ruled by a mad and brutal dictator known for supporting terror and building weapons of mass destruction.
- Where group contact occurred, sometimes it must have involved rivalry, disputes, threats, intimidation, intervention, invasion, conquest, and other hostile and warlike interactions.
- When he assumed power in 27 BC, Augustus was confronted with the problem of subduing the Alpine region, whose warlike tribes threatened the communications between Italy and Gaul.
- They did not, however, approach the Prophet for the guarantee of peace, but made warlike preparations and decided to strike at the first opportunity.
- Ask yourselves how this gracious reception of our petition comports with those warlike preparations which cover our waters and darken our land.
- The actual reasons for the country's belligerence are its desire to control Middle Eastern oil, bolster the warlike strategy of their allies and distract the public from domestic issues.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.