Translation of warmth in Spanish:
- 1.1 (heat) calor (masculine) we huddled together for warmth nos acurrucamos juntos para darnos calorExample sentences1.2 (of smile) lo cariñoso or afectuoso; (of welcome) lo caluroso
Example sentences1.3 (of color, atmosphere) calidez (feminine)
- I appreciate the sun, the increased hours of daylight, some moderate warmth.
- Touching her hands is like touching ice, without warmth even in the heat of summer.
- You can expect about six hours of sunshine a day, and warmth rather than heat - ideal for walking.
- The Queen Mother through her gracious smile generated warmth and kindness to us all.
- Nana, another year has passed yet the memory of you, your warmth and love and kindness and the lessons you taught me, do not fade.
- Wit, irony and lightness were always balanced, for Smith, by genuine affection and warmth.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the