- 1.1 (heat) calor (masculine) we huddled together for warmth nos acurrucamos juntos para darnos calorMore example sentences1.2 (of smile) lo cariñoso or afectuoso; (of welcome) lo caluroso
More example sentences1.3 (of color, atmosphere) calidez (feminine)
- I appreciate the sun, the increased hours of daylight, some moderate warmth.
- Touching her hands is like touching ice, without warmth even in the heat of summer.
- You can expect about six hours of sunshine a day, and warmth rather than heat - ideal for walking.
- The Queen Mother through her gracious smile generated warmth and kindness to us all.
- Nana, another year has passed yet the memory of you, your warmth and love and kindness and the lessons you taught me, do not fade.
- Wit, irony and lightness were always balanced, for Smith, by genuine affection and warmth.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.