- 1.1 (heat) calor (m) we huddled together for warmth nos acurrucamos juntos para darnos calorMore example sentences1.2 (of smile) lo cariñoso or afectuoso; (of welcome) lo caluroso
More example sentences1.3 (of color, atmosphere) calidez (f)
- I appreciate the sun, the increased hours of daylight, some moderate warmth.
- Touching her hands is like touching ice, without warmth even in the heat of summer.
- You can expect about six hours of sunshine a day, and warmth rather than heat - ideal for walking.
- The Queen Mother through her gracious smile generated warmth and kindness to us all.
- Nana, another year has passed yet the memory of you, your warmth and love and kindness and the lessons you taught me, do not fade.
- Wit, irony and lightness were always balanced, for Smith, by genuine affection and warmth.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.