Translation of warrant in Spanish:
- 1 countable (written authorization) (Law)also: search warrantorden (feminine) de registro or (in Latin America also) de allanamientoa warrant was issued for his arrestse expidió una orden de arresto or de detención en su contra
se ordenó su arresto or detenciónExample sentences
- On receipt of the authority to proceed the metropolitan magistrate may issue a warrant for the arrest of the person specified.
- He then failed to answer a summons from the examining magistrate, and a warrant for his arrest was issued on 28th January 1997.
- Police issued an arrest warrant for bigamy and John, who now lives on the Isle of Man, turned himself in last week.
- 2 countable (voucher)(Finance)
derecho (masculine) de suscripción de nuevas accionesExample sentences
- These warrants entitle the holders to sell shares of the common stock to the Company on certain dates at specified prices.
- While it's not required that the government receive warrants in return, that's one suggestion to compensate it for the credit risks being taken.
- In a card of this type, the issuer warrants to the payee that a cheque, drawn by the card-holder for not more than a stated maximum amount, will be paid on presentment.
- Other things being equal, for every €1 fall in the share price, the warrant price falls by five times more.
- Based on the current warrant and share price, the warrant gives gearing of 1.8 times.
- The buyers negotiate favorable terms, such as price discounts or warrants to receive additional shares should the stock hit a target price.
- 3 uncountable (justification) [formal]Example sentences
- There is no warrant for the claim that he became anti-Christian or antireligious after coming to power.
- There is as yet no warrant for ruling out an arithmetical set that is not decidable, or for ruling out a decidable set that is not arithmetical.
- There can be no warrant for the cold-blooded execution of a surrendered terrorist.
- 1 (justify) the case warrants/does not warrant further investigationel caso merece/no merece que se continúe con la investigaciónExample sentences
- Young people aged 10 to 17 who plead guilty to their first offence will be sent to new youth offender panels, providing their crime is not serious enough to warrant a custodial sentence.
- It's serious enough to warrant immediate action.
- Of course, the generals' categorical denial of a conspiracy simply serves to underline that the rumors are serious enough to warrant their attention.
- 2 2.1 (assure) [formal] I'll warrant you (that) they'll acceptte garantizo or te aseguro que van a aceptarhe'll be back, I warrant youvolverá, te lo garantizo or te lo aseguro2.2 (guarantee) (often passive) these goods are warranted for one yearestos productos están garantizados por un año or tienen un año de garantía
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.