Translation of wasteland in Spanish:
noun/nombrec and u
- (often plural/frecuentemente plural) (barren land) páramo (masculine), tierra (feminine) yerma or baldía; (uncultivated land) erial (masculine) inner-city wastelands zonas (feminine plural) urbanas deprimidasExample sentences
- It only comes out at the outskirts of the land where the barren wasteland ends and things begin to grow again.
- The trip would comprise of roughly 750 km through the vast Mongolian prairies and the arid wastelands of the Gobi desert.
- They were denuding the sheep pastures of grass, turning once successful ranches into wastelands and reducing wool production by half.
- Government intervention ensures that intercity areas are well kept and that ethnic ghettos and industrial wastelands do not emerge.
- Whether it's rusting machinery and industrial wastelands, or ivy-draped columns, ruins are undeniably romantic.
- My favourite of these are the daffodils which appear everywhere from formal gardens to woodland paths to urban wastelands.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas