noun/nombrec and u
- (often plural/frecuentemente plural) (barren land) páramo (masculine), tierra (feminine) yerma or baldía; (uncultivated land) erial (masculine) inner-city wastelands zonas (feminine plural) urbanas deprimidasMore example sentences
More example sentences
- It only comes out at the outskirts of the land where the barren wasteland ends and things begin to grow again.
- The trip would comprise of roughly 750 km through the vast Mongolian prairies and the arid wastelands of the Gobi desert.
- They were denuding the sheep pastures of grass, turning once successful ranches into wastelands and reducing wool production by half.
- Government intervention ensures that intercity areas are well kept and that ethnic ghettos and industrial wastelands do not emerge.
- Whether it's rusting machinery and industrial wastelands, or ivy-draped columns, ruins are undeniably romantic.
- My favourite of these are the daffodils which appear everywhere from formal gardens to woodland paths to urban wastelands.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Did you know that the primary meaning of almuerzo is lunch? It is used only in this sense in most of Latin America. In Spain and Mexico, where comida is the usual word for lunch, almuerzo can also be a mid-morning snack.