Translation of watchdog in Spanish:
- 1.1 (dog) perro (masculine) guardiánExample sentences1.2 (person) guardián, (masculine, feminine); (group) organismo (masculine) de control
- The Gauls tried to climb the Capitol at night, eluding the watchdogs and the Roman guard, but the flock of geese sacred to Juno spotted them and roused the Romans in time.
- Just as a watchdog guards a home, so the agency should be vigilant against fraudulent or dangerous products.
- In the same vein, having fur and teeth and canine DNA doesn't necessarily make your dog a reliable watchdog.
- The council is the watchdog established to set, monitor and enforce standards in all areas of general insurance, including the fair treatment of customers.
- To others it's an essential watchdog needed to prevent discriminatory practices in the workplace.
- The watchdog's practice of warning nurseries of the month that they would be inspected was also highlighted.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the