- 1.1 (dog) perro (m) guardiánMore example sentences1.2 (person) guardián, -diana (m,f); (group) organismo (m) de control
More example sentences
- The Gauls tried to climb the Capitol at night, eluding the watchdogs and the Roman guard, but the flock of geese sacred to Juno spotted them and roused the Romans in time.
- Just as a watchdog guards a home, so the agency should be vigilant against fraudulent or dangerous products.
- In the same vein, having fur and teeth and canine DNA doesn't necessarily make your dog a reliable watchdog.
- The council is the watchdog established to set, monitor and enforce standards in all areas of general insurance, including the fair treatment of customers.
- To others it's an essential watchdog needed to prevent discriminatory practices in the workplace.
- The watchdog's practice of warning nurseries of the month that they would be inspected was also highlighted.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.